Serving up pretty things since 2009

Sunday 20 March 2011

Headbands Anyone?

Hello Blog World!
It all started one day while I was watching a silly little show called Gossip Girl.  I thought, "I like the preppy, vintage look that Blair Waldorf is sporting. I bet I can make those pieces."
I began Nancy Drewing second-hand shops through Alberta and various other places (pretty much any where we travel and by "we" I mean my husband and I; I am not one of those 3rd person types). I was very excited with the beauties I found.
Now I make one-of-a-kind vintage headpieces, mainly headbands and hair clips. I pretty much recycle the pieces that people throw out when they go through Grandma's jewelry box and breathe new life into them. I also have a stock of some really sweet brooches as well. I will do custom orders (if you have a particular color of ribbon or jewel) and have participated in many Handmade Mafia Shows in Edmonton as well as a fashion show in Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment